Prep time: 25-30 minutes
1 head cabbage
1 large onion, yellow or red
1.5 pounds potatoes, fingerlings or large potatoes cut up into bite-sized pieces
4 stalks celery
1 stalk fennel (optional)
4 TBS olive oil
1 TBS lemon juice
1 tsp Herbes de Provence
salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean potatoes and bing to boil. Boil until tender, about 10 minutes, while preparing other ingredients.
2. Slice onion in rings; reserve half as rings and chop half into fine pieces.
3. Heat 2 TBS oilve oil in large pan. Add onion rings, Herbes de Provence, paprika, garlic powder (optional), salt and pepper. Stir and cook until onions start to brown on edges.
4. Remove and discard outer leaves and core from cabbage head; chop remaining pieces roughly and add to onions and herbs. Cover and cook on medium until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Chop celery and fennel . Put in large mixing bowl with finely chopped onion, remaining olive oil, lemon juice.
6. Drain potatoes and toss with celery/onion dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.